I know that I'm currently "stuck" in arc 7 on a ski trip. I've also been a part of a handful of Femdom ski/cabin trips that didn't quite pan out as expected but they were fun to plan nonetheless.
Aside from the obvious allure of my attraction to women in fur, I believe there's quite a bit going on in this type of fantasy.
I've never really flushed it out before but the ski trip fantasy tends to hit on quite a few Femdom fantasy levels for me and since I'm awake and feel like writing I figure it wouldn't hurt to take a deeper look at it. A few things that come to mind:
1. Fur. I'm not going to elaborate here, but I can't write about this without it.
2. Skiing is for the most part, a rich person's sport. While just about every northern area will have a hill of some sort they allow people to ski down, in general, resorts and resort towns tend to be fairly secluded and expensive. For someone to say, rent a cabin in Aspen for a week with friends would require a lot of disposable income and a lot of disposable income tends to play very well into Femdom fantasies.
3. Excess. With #2 in mind and based upon my personal experiences with family members and others that have the disposable income to take said vacations, in the days before strict baggage restrictions (and/or if driving is the method of transportation), ski trips tend(ed) to be full of excess. Not only is there the equipment involved, but also the clothing. Again, drawing from experience, I've found it isn't uncommon for someone taking said trip to want to bring an absurd amount of luggage. With one real life example in mind, I can envision a person that doesn't want to be seen skiing in the same clothing two days in a row as well as having specific ideas for what they will wear while going out, relaxing in, bedtime/mornings, as well as travel days. So for a 7-day trip with 5 days of skiing, it doesn't seem too far-fetched to picture someone with 2-3 ski outfits, 5 sets of accessories, 3-4 warm but fashionable afternoon shopping in town outfits, 5-6 evening outfits, 5-7 warm/comfortable lounging outfits, robe/pj's/slippers, and 2 travel day outfits that are meant to show off yet be comfortable at the same time. That is a lot of luggage for the sub/slave to handle as he caters to her whims/desires.
I do know most women aren't this way, but this is fantasy.
4. Comfort extremes. She lounges in front of the fireplace sipping wine. He freezes outside shoveling snow and chopping firewood. Isn't that the way it should be?
To make it even more daunting, she can make the extremes more/less bearable. Is he allowed a coat? Gloves? Hat? Boots? Take away any of those and it can be made incrementally worse very easily.
5. Isolation. When you are out in the middle of nowhere and the sun goes down, what is left to do? This scenario is prime for sex and play. If it's an isolated cabin you don't have to worry about neighbors. If it's far away from home there is a lot safer potential for public exposure.
I'm sure I've missed a few things but it just seems like this fantasy seems to play very well in a Femdom context.