Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Haunting Thought: Roles - Unconditional Love & Strict Disciplinarian

Several years ago I was watching the movie, "Best in Show" with my Mistress at the time and a particular scene came on that has stayed in my memory since then.

If you aren't familiar with that movie, it was done by Christopher Guest and it's basically a fake documentary about the dog show circuit.  It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" but with dog shows instead of a rock band.

In the movie there's a scene where they're interviewing a lesbian couple.  This stands out to me for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, the femme lesbian is wearing a fur headband/bonnet type of thing and when we saw it Mistress said she thought I would look good in one of those.  Secondly, the dialogue.


The dialogue from this scene reads as follows:
Christy Cummings: It's interesting, we have kind of a family dynamic going on here which pretty much mirrors what I grew up with, I'm the mommy slash daddy, the taskmaster, the disciplinarian.
Sherri Ann Cabot: Mr. Punishment over here.
Christy Cummings: But I also reward and Sherri Ann is responsible for the unconditional love.


These lines really stuck with me as to how I felt about the D/s lifestyle and the roles I envisioned.  She was my taskmaster/disciplinarian and granter of rewards while I was her unconditional love.  It was an odd day and I still blush when I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment