Friday, August 19, 2016

Another "great" Blogger WTF

I'm not sure if others have noticed that when they redid the format of the followers widget it seems they have disconnected our blogger profile from our standard google profile...

Which seems to mean if you follow, people can't click on your profile and see your info, it just displays a list of blogs you follow.

If you post a comment from your blogger profile they can get to your normal blogger profile by clicking on your name, but any blogs you have started following since then don't seem to be showing up.

Kind of a pain in the ass.  I have come across a good number of blogs by finding links when the authors followed me... now that option is gone.

4 comments:

  1. Google (and others) always cranking out "improvements" to serve you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... improvements all around if it's in a department that can generate them revenue.

      The rest of the system is controlled by artificial untelligence.

      Delete
  2. I hadnt noticed they changed that. I have found quite a few people that way as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed it as well when I started following some new blogs and it didnt use (or give the option to use) my blogger profile. Kind of a bummer.

      Delete