Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Venus in Furs

Long before I was even aware of its 100+ year existence of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch's Venus in Furs, I have been inexplicably attracted to women dressed in fur.  While my submissive nature can probably be traced to certain aspects of my upbringing and having rather poor luck with girls while in high school (leading me to the quest to being the "perfect lover"), I have absolutely no explanation for my overwhelming attraction to women in furs.  What I can say is that this attraction of mine is far from unique.

My years on the internet have shown me the vast number of men who feel the same way and historically speaking, this isn't anything new or original.  Sacher-Masoch can probably be given credit for being the first to link Femdom and Fur Fetish in Venus in Furs, first published in 1870, although I can admit that these two subjects didn't click together within me until several years after I first acknowledged my love of women in fur.  Now it seems that they're fairly inseparable to me... I guess I'm just cliché like that.


It took me a while to come to terms with this fetish.  I first remember it showing up when I was just entering puberty but it always made me feel a bit weird and I really didn't accept it about myself at all until my late teens.  I have never been known for having a strong libido but for some reason an attractive woman in fur makes me absolutely stupid and I get incredibly turned on and submissive feeling at the same time.

Being in that state makes me extremely vulnerable and easily exploited.  Is that really a bad thing?

I still haven't really figured out why I am this way, but I am at peace with my not knowing/understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment