Sunday, October 8, 2017

Odd Blogger Stats

I can't help but feel like interest in this blog is fading away.  My traffic on WP is growing steadily.  My traffic here on blogger absolutely crashed in 2016.  I don't know if you remember when Chrome announced they would be blocking sites that didn't have https, but after I enabled https on this site, my traffic cut in half.  I can understand traffic taking a dip when I stop writing for a period of time, but traffic when I am writing regularly is actually lower than that span where I made like 6 blog posts in 3+ years.  I'm trying to get to the bottom of it, but my best guess is because this blog is pretty much invisible to google.

You'll find me on yahoo, bing, and the like quite easily.  Google requires some very specific search terms or it just isn't there. e.g. there was a time if you searched for "fur sissy humiliation" I would be the first 20 results and first 40 pictures.  Now I don't even show up.  Sort of a bummer.

It does sort of bother me, but not enough to the point where I will quit writing.



2 comments:

  1. One thing about Google is that they don't like duplicate content. So if you're posting the same material twice (i.e., here and on WP), neither page/post will rank. FYI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs Fever.

      I was aware of Google's duplicate process. The drop-off began the day that I enabled https forwarding. A lot of the posts that historically drew traffic, e.g. Sardax, anal plugs, and KTBs were never mirrored on WP and they went from making up ~25% of my traffic to 0% and they pretty much vanished from Google.

      If I end up limiting myself to one platform going forward, I'm more likely to stick with WP.

      Take care.

      Delete