Sunday, October 8, 2017

Writing Mania

When I average more than a post a day for an extended period of time I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm in a mania.  It is part of my depression cycle but I honestly don't mind the absurdly motivated state that I get into with this phase. 

The downside of it is that I get hooked by the attention.  I love hearing from people and interacting with them.  The more comments I receive, the more I want to write.  When I start banging away on a keyboard I can usually make posts take shape fairly quickly.  The downside is that I inevitably will run out of topics that are meaningful to me right now and start rehashing things over and over again.

While my Wordpress blog is fairly new so it probably isn't as big of a factor there, it probably gets a bit stale for the veteran readers on Blogger.  I also worry that I may be likely to "chase reactions" by choosing topics and views that are most likely to flow with the "tone" of the feedback that I do get. 

It's not that what I write about aren't things I am interested in... it's just that there's an obvious difference in quality and a fresher point of view when it is something that currently relates to my current feelings and experiences. 

I don't know, I guess I just feel like I'm getting a little bit crazy and I'm having trouble differentiating if what I have been writing is good and interesting or not or if I am merely writing to hear from people.  I'm also wondering if this is a bad thing.  I feel better when I write than when I don't.

Historically, when I slip off the deep end someone usually scolds me and I crash back to reality.

That being said, if anyone has any questions or topics they would like me to write about, I'm always looking for ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment