Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Good ol Blogger Lag

I have come to know that most of my readers visit quite early in the day. I do most of my writing and reading at night.  I've also come to know that if blogger's RSS feeds lag and the posts don't show up in the feed before 6am that it reduces my blog traffic by ~25% for the day.

I published 46 last night at 11:15pm and tried every method kown to man to get it to appear but of course the posts didn't show up until 8:15am.  A 9 hour delay is fairly irritating.  The posts even showed up in my wordpress fed by midnight.  Just sort of irritating.

5 comments:

  1. Of course this post showed up in the feed within 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you expect something else to happen? ;)

      Blogger...*evil eye*

      Delete
    2. On some level I hoped it would work as intended? Curse these free services and their inability to function on a level as if I paid for them.

      Delete
  2. Google blogger has the ability to drive us all mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does, Lady Grey.

      After reading about people having blogs deleted I have started backing mine up.

      Delete